Civil, Industrial, Earthworks, and Earthmoving Insurance

If your business operates plant equipment or facilitate on civil projects, then it is highly likely you will need to consider taking out civil and earthworks insurance.

Whether you work as a tole trader, or as a contractor, we can help you find the cover you need, when you need it. We’re here to help you determine the appropriate coverage, whether your business is large or small.

Finding the right level of civil and earthworks insurance suited to you

At R&M Insurance Brokers we take the time to find and tailor an insurance policy to your individual needs. This may see obvious, but it is not always the case.

As you would know yourself, working within the civil, industrial or earthworks space there is a broad range of business types and plant and machinery required. We can assist you in identifying risk areas and make recommendations to minimise these risks for potential claims.

Our Civil and Earthworks Insurance covers:



Let us know how we can help and one of our insurance professionals will be in touch shortly.

Transport & Logistics

Public and Products Liability (to $50,000,000)

Public liability  Is your standard cover and expected to be held by every contractor. Things to consider when reviewing your Public Liability:

  • Does it address your business activities correctly? The policy needs to accurately describe what your business does.
  • Are there automatic extensions for common incidents such as hitting underground services or vibration and weakening of third party supports?
  • Does it offer an automatic Principals extension for their vicarious liability?

Transport & Logistics

Plant and Machinery

R&M’s plant and machinery insurance can be tailored to any business that hires, owns or operates any plant, machinery or building equipment. This policy covers a broad range of risks including:

  • Breakdown cover
  • Road risk liability
  • Consequential loss
  • Material Damage
  • Hired – in plant
  • Dry hired plant & equipment
  • Business interruption because of machinery damage (weekly benefit amounts)

We can assist you with insurance if you have an earthmoving, excavation, and site preparation company. We can also support you with any business enquiries you have for both established businesses and new start-ups in Sydney, Dubbo, and other cities in Australia.

Transport & Logistics

Contractors All Risk (to $50,000,000)

Depending on the size of your operation, the Contractors All Risk policy (CAR) may be a better fit for a business that requires a tailored package.

Transport & Logistics

Professional Indemnity (From $500,000 to $10,000,000+)

Professional indemnity insurance covers businesses that are involved in certifying, consulting, designing, planning, or managing a project.

This policy will cover you in the event of a lawsuit due to negligent work practices or a breach of professional duty.  This is especially important in the design and construct space for the civil worker. It can cover you in a number of circumstances including (but not limited to):

  • Damages and claimant costs awarded against you
  • Related defence and legal costs of a claim
  • The costs involved with investigating a claim including those by a professional body
  • The cost of responding to a disciplinary inquiry
  • Court attendance costs
  • Public relations costs
  • Civil liabilities which may arise from but are not limited to
  • Providing misleading or negligent advice
  • Breach of duty (confidentiality and other privacy issues)

When it comes to all your Civil, Industrial, Earthworks, and Earthmoving Insurance needs in Sydney, Dubbo, and other cities in Australia, we’re here to help! Get in touch with us today to find the cover you need when you need it.